ACT: Flo Rida
TRACK: My House
GENRE: Hip Hop/Rap
DIRECTOR: Alex Acosta
Tramar Lacel Dillard, better known by his stage name Flo Rida is an American hip hop recording artist from Carol City, Florida. [Wiki]
Mise-en-scene + Location
- Setting is in a house as the song title gives away what the video is set.
- Shows Flo Rida’s house and he welcomes the ‘audience’ into his house.
- Shows a woman standing outside his house waiting to be let in – over the shoulder shot
- Shows different rooms in his house – kitchen and the living room
- Has a special room where he is lip-syncing away from the guests
- Then there is a scene of Flo in his bedroom singing to the camera while there is a woman asleep on his bed.
Editing + Cinematography + Sound
- Starts off like a film with credits saying ‘ Strong Arms Film Presents’
- Has the ‘Director’ mentioned and then FLO RIDA with the title of the song MY HOUSE.
- Cuts to Flo sitting on a big armchair with women surrounding him.
- Objectification of the female body is strong in this video.
- Shows women in shorts and revealing tops.
- A variety of mid shots of the singer and his friends to close ups.
- Lots of women dancing around and drinking
- Flo Rida is shown holding a drink and dancing with women around him.
- Shows a woman dressed in silver clothing – very sexualised
- Another woman is dressed in a more soldier type outfit holding fire on sticks
- Shows a man blowing fire from bottles – slow motion effect
- Lots of cuts which makes it fast paced
- Shows a woman pouring alcohol on herself (close up) and getting it licked off by another woman – lots of sexualisation and drunk behaviour.
- After that the music and the cuts are in sync with a quick rapid effect
- More objectification of the female body as there is a woman covered in sushi while people eat off her. Tracking shots and panning shots are used.
- Pillow fight is shown with women – sexualising
- Low angle shot of Flo Rida crouching down while surrounded by the pillow fight.
- Then shows him with a crowd of women and men dancing and singing. – Long shot
- Mostly party references
- Males from 14 to 28 year olds
- Females from 15 to 25 year olds
- Mostly attracts the males because of the objectification of the female body
- Costumes + MakeupLots of women