POSSIBLE INFLUENCES ON MY WORK
- Dancers performing
- Different styles of dancing
ACT: Calvin Harris
TRACK: Feel So Close
DIRECTOR: Vincent Haycock
Adam Richard Wiles, known professionally as Calvin Harris, is a Scottish record producer, singer, songwriter and DJ.[Wiki]
Mise-en-scene + Locations
- Petrol Station
- Different groups of people dancing
- Shows different people in different locations listening to the same song.
- Singer lip-syncs to the song
- Lots of mid-shots and close ups of the singer
Editing + Cinematography + Sound
- Music starts with diegetic sound of the radio
- Video cuts to the beat of the song but slightly delayed.
- Lots of long shots and mid shots of the people and scenery.
- Editing starts to build up for the chorus and then goes back to slower editing.
- Singer is lip-syncing
- Lots of close ups and mid shots of singer
- Singer participates in the video.
Performance, Narrative or Concept?
- This music video is a narrative and performance-based video. Includes dancers of different ethnicity and style of music. Includes the artist singing in the video and being part of the narrative.
Representation + Audience
- Caucasian male, aged 32 years old
- Audience would be between the ages 15 to 29 years old
- Calvin Harris is known for dating different singers including Taylor Swift and Ellie Goulding.