Saturday, 10 September 2016
Practice Video - Planning/Idea
TRACK: We Don't Talk Anymore
ACT: Charlie Puth ft Selena Gomez
DIRECTOR: Phil Pinto
Group - Sophie, Bronwen and Adel and me
- Narrative and performance - As a group we have decided to create our own story as the camera work in the music video is too shaky and not a common convention.
- Studio set up with a microphone stand and a backdrop
- costume changes throughout
- flashbacks - photos using a Polaroid camera
- Flashbacks filmed in town and park
- lighting would be dim?
- using a phone to spark the flashbacks
- Actress/Actors - Bronwen
Summary of Narrative
- Starts with a guy in a studio singing and playing guitar in some shots
- He gets a Instagram notification of his ex-girlfriend with another guy looking happy
- He starts to have flashbacks of the memories he had with the girl
- In the flashback, they are walking together in town having an ice cream and also taking pictures in the park with a Polaroid camera.
- Then it goes to the girl with her new boyfriend out to dinner in the evening
- And then it goes back to the singer with the girl who breaks up with him.
- Then the girl starts singing while in her bedroom looking at the pictures she took of her and her ex-boyfriend.
- During that it will show the guy singing back in the studio
- Fade in from black
- Close up of his face
- Establishing shot - zooms out to a long shot
- Cut to hands on headphones
- Pan downwards to shoes tapping + microphone stand
- Shows cables to give some verisimilitude to the performance part
- His phone on the music stand with sheet music - verisimilitude - showing an Instagram notification
- Picture of girl + new 'boyfriend' on phone
- Fade/cut to him closing his eyes - extreme close up?
- Establishing shot of town
- Low angle shot of ice cream stand
- Couple walking together with ice cream - tilt upwards - mid shot
- Mid shot/close up of them smiling or laughing with ice cream in hand
- Rats eye view of their feet walking in sync together down the street